Tampa Bay Body Sculpting
Robert Roy Miles, D.O.
What is the difference between Liposuction and a Tummy Tuck?
- Many of our patients at Tampa Bay Body Sculpting who are interested in a flatter midsection ask what the difference is between a tummy tuck and liposuction. After all, both procedures can drastically help patients improve the abdominal area by creating a more toned and tighter midsection. However, liposuction and tummy tuck procedures are actually very different in terms of the procedure itself and the results they provide.
Tummy Tuck and Liposuction Q & A
- Liposuction surgery is far less invasive than a tummy tuck. Liposuction is a good choice for patients in good health who generally have good skin elasticity and muscle tone.
- Dr. Robert Miles, D.O. will use local anesthesia during an awake liposuction procedure to remove stubborn fat in specific areas of the body resistant to diet and exercise. The most common areas of the body for liposuction surgery include the upper and lower abdomen, flanks (love handles), and lower back.
- Tummy Tuck Surgery / Abdominoplasty is performed to remove excess fat and skin from the abdominal area by treating two conditions: a muscle separation above and below the belly button and loose skin. Aging, pregnancy, heredity, extreme weight loss and prior surgery can cause loose sagging skin where diet and exercise are not enough to achieve the flat and toned stomach we all desire. Women should wait until they have finished having children to have this procedure.
- The skin excision or Dermolipectomy entails removing all skin between the belly button and pubic mound eliminating stretch marks below the belly button. The skin above the belly button is stretched to reach the top of the pubic mound.
- A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) is a great procedure for removing excess abdominal skin while tightening the abdominal muscles. The tummy tuck procedure starts with an incision across the lower abdomen allowing our surgeon to remove excess skin and tighten slack muscles. Any remaining skin is then re-draped over the abdominal area leaving a flat and tight stomach. In short, a tummy tuck is the best solution if the main issue experienced by the patient is loose skin or stretched muscle tissue , not excess fat.
- A Tummy Tuck involves more scarring, general anesthesia, and much longer recovery times.
Free Consultations can be booked directly through our website
- Liposuction and Body Contouring have become extremely popular and are our specialties at Tampa Bay Body Sculpting. We invite you to contact Tampa Bay Body Sculpting in Tampa, Florida for your free consultation.
- During your consultation, Dr. Robert Miles and your surgical coordinator will ask questions about your general health, allergies, and any past surgeries. You will have the opportunity to share what your body goals are and ask any questions you may have.
- Dr. Miles will walk you through the awake surgical procedure including tumescent anesthesia under local sedation with small incision sites. Dr. Miles will also discuss how to prepare for surgery and what to expect during the healing process.
- After your treatment plan has been developed and personalized to you, a surgery date is planned.
What we offer
Brazilian Butt Liftmore info
Body Contouringmore info
Six-Pack Absmore info
Male Liposuctionmore info
Chest Reduction / Gynecomastiamore info
Arm Liposuction / Autograph Armsmore info
Thigh Liposuctionmore info
Chin / Neck Liposuctionmore info
Mommy Makeovermore info
Breast Rejuvenationmore info
Tummy Tuckmore info
Lip Fillersmore info
Cellulite Reduction/ Non-surgicalmore info